Braces in El Dorado, AR & Monroe, LA
Take the First Step Towards a Straighter Smile
Here’s what to expect at your first consultation visit at Williams Orthodontics.
What to Expect at Your First Visit
Our goal is to help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile! Come check out the office, meet the team, and learn about your treatment options so you can make informed, confident decisions.
Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough exam and a discussion of potential treatment options with Dr. Williams. This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs.
We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records.
These records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. This additional appointment will last approximately 30 minutes.
Ask Us Questions
During the initial examination, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions, too.
- Is this a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
Making a Plan
While Dr. Williams can often answer these general questions about treatment during your first exam, we can address more specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records.
We feel it’s important to analyze your specific needs because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction. We’ll discuss treatment options, time frames, and financial arrangements.
We insist that our patients leave our El Dorado or Monroe office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take.
Also, we’ll answer any additional questions you may have. Please assist us by providing the following information, if possible, at the time of your first visit:
- A copy of any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
Dr. Williams believes that good orthodontic care begins with open communication.
We promise to speak candidly with you about our diagnosis and recommendations, alternative treatments, and any present symptoms that may require further treatment.
Working together, we can achieve a true partnership, with one common goal—helping you achieve a beautiful, confident smile!